This activity enables the understanding of a concept being studied to be observed. The teacher will ask the pupils a question, and each pupil answers it in writing anonymously. The teacher collects a number of answers and completes them. The teacher must not judge the answers.
- Group size: Small Group, Medium Group, Large Group
- Equipment needed: No special equipment
- When: During Lecture, In Classroom
- Work by: Individual
- In order to: Observe acquisition
- Lenght: ≤ 20 min (5-20 min)
- Keywords: Activity, Anonymous, Observation
The teacher asks a specific question about a concept covered in the lesson. The teacher writes the question on the board or displays it on the screen. The teacher indicates that the answers are anonymous and that he/she will collect a number of them.
The students have 5 minutes to think individually and write their answers on a piece of paper.
The teacher collects between 5 and 10 answers and then :
- Either read the answers directly and analyse them with the students
- or go back to the answers at the beginning of the next lesson.